Brian went with me on my surgery consultation today with Dr. Sunderland, the best doctor of Otolaryngology/ENT in all of Wichita. I know because my super fabulous endocrinologist, Dr. Zayour said so. Oh, and my friend Andrea also agrees.
I’m so happy that I have a great surgeon. I was really scared of surgery last year and was completely against it. Now that I know I’m in very capable hands, I feel so much better about the whole thing. I’m even somewhat excited. I can’t wait until I no longer have a fat neck! LOL.
The appointment took longer than Brian and I expected. As with any doctor’s office, there’s a lot of waiting around. When Dr. Sunderland came in, he gave me a thorough once over — including shoving a scope thing down my nasal cavity after he numbed the area with a local anesthetic that he sprayed into my nose. It had a bitter taste and my nose felt weird. Though I was grateful for it because, were it not for the anesthetic, this next part would have been even more unpleasant than it was.
This was not the highlight of my day. For sure. LOL.
The highlight was noticing that Dr. Sunderland wears Prada shoes. Now I know that I’m definitely in good hands.
- My Thyroidectomy Story by Ching | December 15, 2012
- Killing Me With Calcium by Ching | December 22, 2012
- Thyroidless in Wichita by Ching | December 22, 2012
- Ching’s Adventures at the Eye Doctor by Ching | June 19, 2010
- At the Doctor by Ching | May 14, 2010
- Blood Work and Sonogram Results by Ching | September 29, 2011