Jay and Becca put an “Easter Egg” on the trip itinerary. They wouldn’t tell us where we were going, and wouldn’t even let us help navigate. We had to drive through Mystic to get to the location of the “Easter Egg” – LOL.
This is the scenic overlook by the road where you can see Mystic Seaport and all the sailboats in the bay. It’s so much prettier in person. The camera phone picture just doesn’t do it justice.
The owner was really nice and helped us take this photo. I think he felt bad when he saw Brian laying on the pavement to try to get us all in frame.
The trip “Easter Egg” turned out to be Saltwater Farm Vineyard in Stonington, CT. The wine tastings are not free, but they give you a free wine glass with your $8 tasting fee. The experience is totally worth it. Just ask Brian and Jay.
Jay and Brian hung out with Paul while Becca and I explored the vineyard.
The property is really pretty.
I’d never had a trip “Easter Egg” before, but I have to say this was the best “Easter Egg” ever! Totally worth the trip to Stonington!
- No Trip is Complete Without a Wine Tasting by Ching | September 5, 2011
- More Pics from Wamego by Ching | June 18, 2011
- More Photos from Connecticut by Ching | July 8, 2011
- Boston Trip Planning Night by Ching | January 29, 2011
- Boston Here We Come by Ching | June 26, 2011
- Trip Recap Continued by Ching | July 9, 2011