Ever since I named our Facebook place Casa de Felitaciones, I keep getting asked what it means. A couple of people have asked me, “Don’t you mean Casa de Felicitaciones?” I had thought about that, but the word felicitationes means greetings or congratulations and doesn’t quite convey the feeling I wanted to evoke; so I decided to make my own word: felitaciones.
Felitaciones is derived from the Spanish word felitacion, which means wishes. I had to add the “es” at the end of the word because it just wasn’t quite exotic sounding enough for me. LOL.
Anyway, one could also think of it as wishes = dreams. However, Casa de Felitaciones isn’t so much a “dream house” — although it is the best house that Brian and I have ever lived in — but a house where all of your dreams and wishes come true.
Unlike our previous house where there was so much work that needed to be done, this house requires no work. There are no projects to consume our time so we can focus our energy on making ourselves better. We can spend our time and effort on achieving our goals and making our dreams reality. I realize that this explanation is long overdue, but that’s what the name of our house means to me.
- We are Officially Moved In by Ching | September 16, 2012
- Got Another FREE House Cleaning Today – FTW! by Ching | October 27, 2010
- The House Cleaning Workout by Ching | December 2, 2012
- FREE TV by Ching | October 10, 2012
- We Finally Closed by Ching | August 12, 2012
- Reorganized the Closet Yet Again by Ching | October 21, 2012