Guess what. I survived the Mayan apocalypse. Unfortunately, my thyroid didn’t. Oh, well. Although, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I’ll fit right in. My scar still looks pretty wicked. I’m glad I went through the surgery, though.
When we met with Dr. Sunderland, he told us that they found carcinoma in my thyroid. It’s so small — the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen — that it wouldn’t have shown up in any biopsies. Had I been stubborn and continued to insist on saving my thyroid, who knows how much it would have spread and what other health problems I would have experienced as a result.
I may be thyroidless but I feel like a million bucks. Looking forward to a speedy recovery and a long, healthy life. ¡Salud!
- My Thyroidectomy Story by Ching | December 15, 2012
- Ching Gets Scanned (Tomorrow) by Ching | October 20, 2011
- My Traumatic Blood Drawing Experience by Ching | October 8, 2011
- Ching’s First Biopsy Experience by Ching | December 3, 2011
- Killing Me With Calcium by Ching | December 22, 2012
- The Doctor Wears Prada by Ching | November 1, 2012