A friend of mine at work today brought over a card to sign for one of our coworkers who will be celebrating their 35th service anniversary on Wednesday.
ME: Wow! Can you believe it? 35 years is a long time. That’s awesome!
AMY: I know! WE weren’t even born yet!
ME: What is this WE stuff? You weren’t, but I was!
AMY: Cherrie! You’re not 35?! Are you? (I think she might have said something like, “You’re not THAT old!” LOL.)
ME: Today I’m not, but tomorrow I am.
I told Amy she made my day for thinking that I’m younger than I really am. LOL. Incidentally, one of our exercises in Spanish class today was to tell a funny story. Past tense is still a major challenge for me because there’s preterite and imperfect, so it took forever for me to relay this short funny story. I had to stop and translate everything before I could say it. What would have taken a minute to tell took five. We got through it though, and amazingly enough, my partner Angela understood most of the story despite my broken Spanish.
- Ching is on a Foreign Films Kick by Ching | March 11, 2012
- Fun Times With Friends by Ching | March 20, 2014
- Some Highlights from this Weekend by Ching | February 20, 2011
- Funny Conversations by Ching | February 3, 2013
- Ron’s BDay and a Very Full Saturday by Ching | February 8, 2009
- When the Mouse is Away… by Ching | July 12, 2010