We had big plans for today that were foiled by the crummy weather. Brian and I were going to have dinner with his parents at Logan’s Roadhouse and then head to the Lake Afton Public Observatory (LAPO) for “Mars Madness.” This weekend Mars is the closest it has ever been to Earth. It won’t be this close again until May 2016. I’d never been to LAPO before so I was really looking forward to going. I wanted to see Mars’ polar caps and other surface features.
We knew that there was some bad weather coming so we thought maybe we could just go to dinner and then watch a movie. Brian didn’t want to brave the crowds at the movie theater, though. Our contingency plan was to go to dinner and then ride go carts at The Alley… But then, as the day progressed, I didn’t feel like doing that either. We finally decided we would just go dinner.
So at around four o’clock Brian and I decide to head out. Well, guess what. We didn’t get much further than the driveway. Bebot was stuck. At this point we had decided that we would call his parents to cancel on dinner. We weren’t going anywhere.
Brian tried to make the car go forwards and backwards and it wouldn’t budge. We were getting more and more stuck. Finally, we tried something different. I took the driver’s seat and he went outside to try to push the car foward, back into the garage. I had to stop, though, because I was freaking out. I didn’t feel like I was in control of the car and was afraid that I would slam Bebot into the garage.
I stepped out to try to convince Brian that this was a bad idea. Right then two guys in a truck drove by. They asked if we needed help. They offered to help push Bebot back into the garage. With Brian at the wheel and the two guys pushing, Bebot managed to get back into the garage safely. That was really nice of those two guys to stop. They really didn’t have to, but they did. We couldn’t have gotten Bebot back into the garage otherwise.
Anyway, we are stuck here for the day. There is nothing to watch on TV and barely any food in the fridge. Ugh. Pizza Hut is closed so it’s not like we can call for delivery. I guess I should be grateful we have power and Bebot is safely in the garage.
I really hope the snow goes away soon. I don’t think I can last another day locked up in the house. At the very least, we need to be able to get to mom and dads and on Christmas eve and Brian’s parents’ on Christmas day.