There’s a first for everything. Personally, I wouldn’t have chosen to go to a rainy concert but when the world gives you lemons, you make lemonade. We got some bad weather and made the best of it.
First stop before dinner? Rain gear so we can stay relatively dry during the concert. We found some ponchos for $5 at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
We had floor seats so we didn’t have an awning above us to protect us from the rain.
We were in Section A1, Row 13, Seats 22 and 23. Our seats were actually really good, except everyone was standing the entire time and everyone clustered toward the stage. Luckily, no one cared that I was standing on one of the chairs. That was the only way I could get a good view.
Despite being drenched, we had a great time at the concert. Journey delivered on all of the classic favorites. Arnel did a good job of getting the crowd pumped and everyone was singing along. It was a pretty good turnout despite the weather.
Speaking of drenched, both of our shoes were completely soaked. It actually took a couple of days to dry. Hopefully they’re not completely ruined.
I found this video of Journey on YouTube. Thought it fitting because it’s one of my most favorite Journey songs. Also, Gina cooled us down to this song today in Zumba. Woot!
- Labor Day Weekend 2012 by Ching | September 3, 2012
- Bradley Fair Outdoor Concert by Ching | June 5, 2010
- Ball Drop at KC Live! by Ching | January 3, 2010
- Things to Do in KC Over Labor Day Weekend by Ching | August 26, 2009
- 2009 Super Bowl by Ching | January 31, 2009
- 2010 Bradley Fair Summer Concerts Week 2 by Ching | June 12, 2010